Have you thought about what online marketing strategies are best for your business? You've likely found in your research that display advertising has some horrible statistics, such as most campaigns having an average click through rate of 0.1%. You know that Facebook organic reach is in the single digits, percentage wise. You've seen popular email services like Gmail make it harder for email marketers to get into their subscriber's inboxes with the introduction of the promotions tab. And you've heard that Google is updating their algorithm on a regular basis, putting a significant dent into many website's organic search traffic.
All of these reasons should make video marketing that much more appealing to you. But just in case you're not fully convinced, here are some more things that make YouTube marketing much more powerful.
First, let's start with some statistics straight from the YouTube pressroom.
- YouTube receives over 1 billion unique visitors every month. Even if only 0.01% of those visitors would be interested in your business, that's still 100,000 users per month.
- The amount of video consumed each month averages out to one hour for every person on Earth.
- YouTube videos reach more adults in the 18 - 34 year old group than any cable TV network. This means that you don't need to pay an exorbitant amount of money to put commercials on TV anymore. Your audience is more likely on YouTube.
- The number of people who subscribe to YouTube channels is three times larger than the number of people from last year. This means that YouTube influencers are growing their audience at a higher rate.
- If you have a mobile product or service, you'll be able to reach the people who contribute to 40% of the overall watch time on mobile devices.
As you can see, those are some pretty impressive numbers, which is why connecting with YouTube influencers is key for any video marketing strategy.
Video Marketing Statistics
Now, let's look at some video marketing statistics in general.
- 59% of executives prefer watching video to reading text. (Forbes) This means that B2B brands can enjoy the benefits of video marketing as much as B2C brands.
- Video makes it easier to put your business on the first page of search results. (Forrester) This is no surprise considering Google owns YouTube.
- Shoppers who view video about a product or service are 174% more likely to make a purchase. (Retail Touchpoints) This makes video a powerful conversion tool.
- Videos are shared 1,200% more times than links and text combined. (Orion21) This means more word of mouth marketing benefits from your video campaigns.
- Visitors spend 100% more time on pages with videos. (MarketingSherpa) This means video makes it more likely that your message will get across to your intended audience.
- 51.9% of marketers list video as the content marketing tactic that generates the most ROI. (eMarketer) This trumps whitepapers, photos, interactive media, sales copy, infographics, buyer's guides, and illustrations.
- 52% of consumers feel more confident about a product or service after viewing a video on it. (Internet Retailer) This means that an influencer's video marketing campaign can boost confidence in your business.
Trends and Technology
If statistics aren't your cup of tea, then here are a few trends and technology that prove people want to create and consume video.
- Specific platforms have risen that are dedicated to video including Vine and Snapchat.
- Popular photo networks like Instagram and Flickr now include the option to share video as well.
- Facebook has introduced video ad formats and has allowed posts with video to have a higher reach than text, photo, and video posts.
- LinkedIn allows you to add media elements (including video) to your professional profile and company page.
- Twitter highlights tweets containing photos and videos in the sidebar of your profile.
- Amazon allows people to record video reviews.
- Popular online stores now incorporate video into their product details.
As you can see, video is becoming a focus everywhere, even in places that were once purely driven by text and photos. This is why your business needs video to compete!
We hope that we've successfully convinced you that video marketing is worth a try. Be sure to sign up for a free FameBit account to see how the combined power of video marketing and influencer marketing can help your business reach more customers today!